To successfully find a new position in the increasingly complex and competitive job market, young researchers need professional skills training along with scientific training. IMB's Advanced Training Programme (ATP) helps PhD students and postdocs to acquire these skills through a range of lectures, workshops and other activities.
Our professional skills courses include:
- Scientific writing
- Professional & effective presentation training
- Leadership & management training
- Grants proposal writing
- Intellectual property rights & patenting
Follow our upcoming events page to stay up to date regarding our programme.
IMB also offers a range of additional training activities for young researchers, including:
- Advanced Lectures on Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability, providing background information on the research carried out by group leaders in the International PhD Programme
- Lectures, Seminars and Tech-talks open to all researchers, in which internationally outstanding scientists present their research as well as the latest technological developments
- Lecture series targeted at undergraduate and graduate students on "Introduction to Epigenetics" and "DNA Repair & Genome Stability"
- Lectures by IMB's Core Facilities open to everyone
- Annual conferences attended by speakers and delegates from a wide range of nationalities and disciplines
To provide guided mentoring and career development opportunities to junior researchers, IMB founded the IMB Mentoring Programme for Junior Researchers. The programme is open to all PhD students in the International PhD Programme (IPP) and postdocs in the IMB Postdoc Programme (IPPro), partnering participants with professionals working in academia and beyond. Mentors provide focused and impartial advice and encourage mentees to better understand their career path options, helping them realise their full potential.